Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I am thankful for the group of people God has put me here with.
It's hard sometimes, but so what?
It's worth it. Hard is only an illusion, anyway.
I've been thinking about what the point of this time is..
Why I am here, what I am to do, blah blah blah.
God's been showing me that it is not about me and wherever I am and whenever that is, HE is the purpose of it.
Not for MY healing, although it is often a byproduct. Not for MY relationships, although HE uses them and directs them, and when they are focused on Him they work out well. Not for anything about me. My life is His.

Tonight at church I was thinking, again.. The series we are going through has made me really think, and of course I will not ask questions or speak up. But anyway . . I've really been wondering what am I doing!? Am I really serving Christ in EVERYTHING I do? If not, why? and who? and how often? It's not okay for this to be going on! And my solution? TRY HARDER, DO MORE, THINK MORE. Wrong.

I can't save myself and God cannot love me more if I strive.
What I can do . .
Surrender.
Accept Jesus as Lord and Savior and go forward.

The daily battles will be there, and HE will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment